Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Heliene Inc. is a solar manufacturer in Sault Ste. Marie, ON, looking to add an engineering team member in a growing company. The ideal candidate is an experienced team player, has a positive attitude, and is punctual and reliable.
- Provide project management for electrical/mechanical/IT projects including, but not limited to, the delivery of: project communications; scope of work development; design analysis; alternative selection; project budgeting and scheduling; consultant service management; etc.
- Provide electrical and mechanical drawing review, creation, modification, etc.
- Provide support with implementation and modification of manufacturing equipment and associated systems.
- Provide automation equipment support within the manufacturing line (PLCs, drives, robots, HMIs, sensors).
- Able to support maintenance team when required.
- Able to assess problems within the manufacturing line and provide solutions to optimize equipment uptime in a fast-paced environment.
- Achieve quality and production requirements in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma, or, proven experience record in the automation industry
- At least 2-5 years of automation experience preferably within a high-growth, global, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with Siemens or Allen-Bradley PLCs
- Experience with automation components such as robots, drives, sensors, and HMIs
- Proven ability to identify existing opportunities, foresee upcoming challenges, and effectively react
- Ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint, would be considered an asset
- Experience with 2D/3D CAD (Autodesk, Solid Works, etc) would be considered an asset
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively with all departments
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Applicant will also need to be able to travel to USA for training and support. Applicants who do not fit these criteria will not be considered.
Heliene Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Wages and benefits based on qualifications.